Friday, April 5, 2013

House Warming Gift

Recently my childhood friend moved across town to a beautiful new house.  Her new home is situated on a large wooded lot, and even came with an adorable chicken coop, in ground pool, smoke house, and a wonderful old stone building.  It is a dream house to say the least!  As a gift, my other girlfriends and I went in on a housewarming gift for her.  This was such a fun, simple gift to put together, I thought I'd share.  You know, in case you have a special gift to give soon and can't come up with a cleaver idea.  Gardening season is upon us, and this package, any gardener would enjoy.

This gift came with a gift certificate to a local nursery, a potted Hydrangea, seeds, hand towels, gardening gloves, and some home and gardening magazines for inspiration.  It was all packed in a garden planter I found at Home Goods.

Here is a close up of the tag I made for the gift.  I used a little of this and that which I had in the craft room.  The gardening images are from the Graphics Fairy.  She has the best selection of vintage inspired images!  A little glue and creativity, and you have an adorable handmade gift tag.
I cut everything out and pieced it together on top of a vintage music sheet card.
I love the way it turned out.  These gift tags are sometimes a little gift in themself.  I wish I had more time to make these.  We have so many customers in the shop looking for gifts to give, and these would be the perfect addition to a special gift.  Enjoy your week and hope for warm weather so we can get growing!

Linking Up Here:

The Graphics Fairy

9 comments:

  1. What a LOVELY gift for your friend!! And the little tag you made is so sweet and special. Love this idea!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much!! Also, thanks for giving us a visit!! Have a wonderful rest of your weekend!
      Julie

      Delete
  2. This is really sweet and special. Anyone would love a gift like this. You are creative and so thoughtful. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, thank you so much for your sweet comments!! After a long exhausting day of auctions and flea markets it's so nice to sit down and read these thoughtful words! Have a nice weekend!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie,
    This is so special and what a thoughtful and pretty gift. I love the tag and yes you need to make those to sell in the shop!!!! Adorable. I did not find much at the flea market today it was just fun to get out to one!!! Hope you found some great treasures at the auction. Happy weekend.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kris!
      Thank you! And yes, we found some good stuff at the auction, not as much as we had hoped! We also stopped by Kane on the way home. That wind was really annoying. I felt so bad for the vendors. Flea market season if finally here....YEAH!
      See you soon.

      Julie

      Delete
    2. Hi Julie,
      I did not find much at Kane but a lot of the vendors weren't there yet. That wind was annoying. I have a big question for you. I am looking for a chippy old vintage bike to put in my garden this year. I have been on the search and have had no luck. Do you guys have any old bikes or know where I could get one? I have my bike inside but do not want to put that outside in the elements. I love that bike to much so I am trying to find another one to put outside with baskets and flowers. Let me know if you know of any.
      Thanks,
      Kris

      Delete
  5. ADORABLE handmade tag to accompany a wonderful housewarming gift!

    ReplyDelete