Friday, September 21, 2012

Ohio's Haul

On our latest trip, Anne and I finally had some luck.  Despite the pure exhaustion we felt from getting to bed at 2:00am after driving 6 hours, then getting up early to Flea, with cold damp weather that came half way through, we actually made quite the haul.  I have to say that this was our most tired and exhausting trip ever (Oronoco last year was brutal too).  It actually felt like work!  Here's some of what we brought back.

I think I'm in love!  How great are these vintage prescription boxes?  They are sooo fabulous, and very hard to find.
Ok, now I know I'm in love.  These things stopped my beating heart when we found them.  I only wish I had somewhere to put them.  I'd admire them every day. 
As you can see they are perfect!  Some of them were filled with prescriptions as well.  Bonus!


There's only one thing to do with all those prescriptions.  Bundle them of course. 



We have more vintage letter bundles this week as well.  Tied up with string and a fancy little vintage key.
Love this little cubby.  It is perfect for a counter or dresser top.
Mom put these together with hardware and antique trim pieces we brought back.  They are so cute.
Love these metal cubbies as well.  They even have a spot to slip a little description or note into each drawer front.


How cute are these puppies?  They are adorable.  Go ahead, show your age.  Did you wear these when you were little?  I sure did.  I know I didn't appreciate them as much then as I do now!  Same goes for the ugly, brown, orthopedic shoes from the "special" section of the store where my mom used shop for me.  Now, I would pay top dollar for a pair of cute, nerdy, brown loafers. In fact, I am in search of a pair of comfy penny loafers just like the ones I wore all throughout high school.

Do you think that's why I was voted "most likely to be a yuppie"? Because I dressed like a preppy nerd? Or do you think someone knew that one day I would own a wonderful, ever popular vintage shop in Barrington, IL.?  Nope, it's because I dressed like a nerd. How do you even do that when you wear a uniform? I'll tell you. On the days you don't have to wear a uniform, you don't dress down and wear jeans and hip, cute outfits. Instead, you wear "slacks", blouses and loafers and Benetton sweaters only.  Wow.  Just thinking of it makes me laugh.  I know Anne is laughing too.
We have customers ask frequently for baby shoes, so we thought we'd pick some up.
This little dressing table got a light tatter this week.  It's not new, but it sure looks different all lit up.

Another cubby, and a cool display rack. We're not sure what this displayed, but we thought it was perfect for something.  It would look cute with pictures or postcards and such hanging from it.
I've seen wooden shoe forms before, but none as big as these. 

This shelf is filled with vintage treasures.






Some of us live in Lake County, so we thought this was kinda cute for the local girls.
This is a perfectly chippy old pillar.  It has a nice flat top. Something I sometimes wish I had!
Take a seat.  You won't believe how comfortable this old desk chair is. Mom scored this find.  I can't believe she's giving it up.   
Doesn't anyone need a cute little desk?  We still have this one on the floor, as well as another.  At one time, everyone was asking for desks.  I guess they found them.  This one is painted in Old White Chalk Paint, and has crackled drawers. 
We manage to keep mom busy with runners, wreaths, and other seasonal decorating items.  This wreath looks great on one of the adorable antique gates we brought back. 
We are in love with this vintage chandelier.  It's so dainty and pretty.

Well, there ya have it.  Lots of vintage treasures to choose from.  Also, don't forget about the Chalk Paint.  We will open on Tuesdays from 9-12 for those who need paint and can't wait till the next opening.  Any day now we will be getting our Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint.  Yeah! Speaking of being open, and paint, we will be open this Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and SUNDAY Sept. 20, 21, 22, and 23rd - 10:00-3:00.  Come see what's new. 




8 comments:

  1. Hi Girls We had a great time stopping by the shop today. You got some awesome treasures for the shop on your trip.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking notice of my shop, I too am in love with the chalk paint method, but I make my own and have been for many years. My grandfather who was and art producer for Paramount Movie Picture Studios in Hollywood Calif passed down a chalk paint treatment that he used on the studios sets and locations, I fell in love at first use of it. There is a soulful history to usinf and up-styling your vintage pieces with chalk paints.

    Thasnk you for sharing the beauty of your shop, and I too would love to make a visit to you as well :)

    Blessings
    xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dore ~ What a wonderful story about your grandfather and his chalk paint treatment. Very neat! And yes, the lovely soft look of the paint goes so well with all things vintage. Thanks for stopping by!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW...you sure found some wonderful items for your shop.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. man do i need to get up there and see you ladies. i miss you and all your shop goodness. lots of great items!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Traci! Come for a visit soon. We'd love to see you as well!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete