Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Fall Welcome!

Fall is my favorite season of the year.  It is so beautiful, and the most pleasant I think.  Like always, I needed a little seasonal welcome at the front door. 
Here's what I came up with this year.  I instantly loved the new look, as did my 9 year old daughter who said, "I like the mums, they give it a nice "pop" of color".
I used a wreath that we had at the shop that mom made.  I think it looks perfect.
I got my mums at Home Depot for about $11.  Not a bad price for the size. 

I couldn't resist buying a couple of pumpkins.  I am like a kid when it comes to pumpkins.  I can never have too many!

Here is a closeup of the wreath mom made.  I love the way she can take a basic grapevine wreath and transform it.  She used some large burlap ribbon which is similar to the burlap ribbon we carry at the shop.  If you are in need of a wonderful wreath for your front door, we still have a couple at the shop.  Have a great week everyone! Happy Fall!




10 comments:

  1. Very Pretty! Reminds me a little bit of my decor this year on my porch too! I enjoy Fall decorating very much outside. Your hydrangeas are still looking very nice...mine, well there is a FEW blooms left. Have enjoyed my visit to your blog~~~very lovely! From one sweetie to another~~~Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! Aren't the hydrangeas great for cut flowers all summer and fall? They're the best. Thanks for stopping by! We will visit you soon.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your front door! Everything looks so festive, I guess this means I have to take all my dead petunias out of my planter!? Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Farmgirl! We miss you. Hope you are doing better and hope to see you soon!
      Julie

      Delete
  4. do you know the name of the hydrandea in your photo? does it stay small or is it newish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peggy - the hydrangea are all Annabelle Hydrangea, and they are around 4 feet tall by 3 feet wide, but are only about 3 years old. The flower heads are a much larger white flower head for most of the season, and turn green in the fall. They are in my opinion, the ultimate flowering bush, as you can use them in floral arrangments all season long, and even in the winter months if you dry some cuttings. Hope that helps!

      Delete
    2. yes, that does help! thank you so much for responding. I have many, many hydrandeas but not that one and none of my mine are green at the moment so I was wondering.

      Delete
  5. I love your front door! Do you know the brand and where I might find it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Same question where did you get the door?

    ReplyDelete