Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Read & Recycle

Homemade Bookmark


Tonight I was packing an item I sold on Etsy and needed a freebie to throw in the box as a "thank you".  I don't know about you, but I love getting little extras when I buy something.  I had a pile of small rectangular cardboard I had been saving, which came off vintage seam binding.  It's what they used to wrap the seam binding around.  I kept them because I thought they would make the perfect book mark.  I was right!  I wanted to share with you my first attempt. 


Bookmark 003
These were my supplies.  Notice the green post-it note which has the note to "make bookmarks" on it.  This note was attached to the little cardboard pile forever. I finally got around to it.


Bookmark 005
This is the backside.  I first wrapped a vintage dictionary page around the cardboard for a backdrop.   


Bookmark 004
Not much to it, but it turned out cute!  I think this will be my new freebie for all my Etsy customers.



1 comment: