Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Farmers Market Produce

I went to the Arboretum in South Barrington this past Sunday.  Season's Produce and Specialty market was there.  The fruit and veggies were so vibrant and delicious looking.  I couldn't resist taking a few pictures.  In case you love Rainer cherries like myself, they are amazingly good, and only $2.99 a pound!


Farmers market2 007













Farmers market2 011


I have never cooked with egg plant, but seeing these made me want to find a recipe to try.  They were so pretty.  As I'm writing this blog, Ina Garten , The Barefoot Contessa is on Food Network making an eggplant recipe.  This is perfect timing.  The recipe is call Eggplant Gratin, with ricotta and fresh grated Parmesan cheese. 


Farmers market2 019


Aren't these peppers beautiful?
Farmers market2 020
Farmers market2 021


If you don't normally shop at farmer's markets, you should give them a try.  Stop by your local farmer's market this week.  





  






 
 



1 comment: