Monday, January 2, 2012

It must be a sign...a vintage one!

Guernsey
So, if you've been in the shop lately, you may have seen this fabulous old Guernsey Dairy sign we have.  I'm in love with it.  I've wanted it since we obtained it, but didn't really have a place for it.  Well, we were in the shop yesterday moving stuff around and we were moving this sign and I started getting that irking feeling like, "this is mine, and if someone comes in and buys it, I'll die."  If any of you sell things, I know you know that feeling.  So I decided to search the internet for some creative ways to use old signs in your home.  






 


 










Source: mapleandmagnolia.com via Tattered Tiques on Pinterest


Susan from Maple and Magnolia actually got this sign from our shop!  She used it perfectly.


Well, I'm definately inspired by these beautiful pictures, but I think I'm going to need to add some "new to me" old furniture to fit with the sign.  Looks like I'll be stealing more from the shop!  


In case mom and Julie put the gabosh on me taking the Guersney sign, I found some great old signs on etsy.


15sign
How cool is this?  It is so shabby and industrial. It came from an old carnival. I would love to put this in my boys room...too bad they don't appreciate good junk yet. (Etsy- House of EONA- $48)


Stockholm sign


This was the side panel on an old swedish shipping trunk.  Love the bold plain letters.  (UrbanFarmGirlandCo-Etsy- sold...while I was doing this blog! But check out her other finds!)




Ice
I love the faded weathered look the sign has going on.  And who doesn't like....


Snacks
I for one, love snacks and pop.  The "snacks" sign is actually the back of the "ice" sign. (GreenPlanetSisters-Etsy-$42)


Mcnichols


I don't need to say anything about this sign. It speaks for itself. It's awesome.  I WILL say that the Etsy shop it is from is filled with great finds.(HavenVintage-Etsy- $79)


Francesign
Who wouldn't want an authentic French street sign from the 40's?  So cool. (SweetBrocante-Etsy-$119)


 


I still don't know if I'm going to keep the Gursney sign or not.  Maybe it will suddenly dissapear behind the magic curtain at the shop.  Sometimes I hide stuff back there till I'm at peace with selling it.  We have a Chicken Brooder that finally made it to the sale floor this December after spending 9 months in hiding- I wanted that too.  


 


 






3 comments: